Car Accidents Require Legal Help

With so many cars on the road today, crashes and injuries are bound to happen. When an accident occurs, you need the skilled car accident attorneys at Kaiser Hafezi Law on your side. Our personal injury lawyers know all too well the difficulties injured people face after a car crash, and have the expertise and resources needed to handle any auto accident case.

Often, at first blush, it appears as though auto accidents are straightforward, but that is not the case. There are many issues involving medical expenses, wage loss, and the interaction between the at-fault driver's insurance and your own. Insurance companies often take advantage of accident victims who are unaware of all the issues involved to deprive them of fair compensation.

Some common causes of car accidents include:

  • Rear-end accidents
  • Head-on collisions
  • Side impact or T-bone accidents
  • Rollover accidents
  • Distracted driving accidents
  • Drunk driving accidents
  • Accidents with uninsured or underinsured drivers
  • Hit-and-run accidents
  • Multivehicle accidents

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q. Somebody hit my car yesterday, but it only damaged the car. What do I do?
A. Take pictures at the scene if you can and of the damage to both vehicles. Make sure you call your auto insurance company and let them know you were in a car accident so that they can begin the process to resolve the property damage claim.

Q. And I don't need a lawyer for that?
A. Typically, no. That's why you pay for auto insurance — to ensure that your auto is repaired or replaced as quickly as possible so you can continue your life with as little interruption as possible.

Q. What if I have liability coverage only?
A. Then your insurance company may not help you, but you can work directly with the at-fault driver's car insurance to get the car fixed/replaced.

Q. I was in a car accident and I thought I was okay, but now I'm really hurt. What do I do?
A. Get yourself to your doctor or hospital so you can be checked out. Make sure you follow the doctor's instructions so that you can heal as quickly as possible. Make sure that the doctor's office or hospital bills your health insurance and you pay your copays and deductible as you normally would. You should consult with a lawyer to see if it's worth pursuing.

Q. I was in an accident and now the other person's insurance company is calling me. Should I talk to them?
A. No. You should consult with a lawyer first. We can advise if it is something you can handle on your own or if it's better for you to have representation. In the meantime, please do not speak with the other driver's insurance carrier, do not sign anything and do not give recorded statements about what happened.

Q. The other insurance company sent me paperwork to fill out. What should I do?
A. Talk to an attorney first. We can advise if it's something you can handle on your own and fill out or if you should hire an attorney to take over.

Q. The other driver was ticketed. Do I need to go to court?
A. Yes. If you are not present at the court date, the case may be tossed, which can affect who is found liable and insurance coverage. You can call the police department that issued the ticket, and they should be able to tell you when and where the court date will be. We will help you understand what to do in court.

Q. Should I take pictures of the accident?
A. Yes. A picture is worth a thousand words. Please take pictures of your car, your injuries as they progress and heal, where you fell, etc. Photos of the place you were injured are particularly important in a premises liability case.

Q. Should I save receipts?
A. Yes — especially prescription receipts. Please send them in to us so we can make sure no expense is lost or forgotten.

Call Us Today For A Free Case Evaluation

If you or a loved one has been involved in a car crash, Kaiser Hafezi Law can help. To schedule a free consultation with one of our personal injury lawyers in Bensenville, call 630-233-9946 or contact us via email. Kaiser Hafezi Law proudly provides full Spanish language services.